Sports H601-5480 Analog Digital Upside Down Arnie 45mm Japanese Quartz
Chrono24 Buyer Protection
- Payment via Chrono24's Escrow Service
- Authenticity Guarantee
- 14-day money-back guarantee
Shipping and Seller Information
More About This Listing
|Dealer product code||51878|
|Year of production||Unknown|
|Condition||(Worn with little to no signs of wear)|
|Scope of delivery||
No original box, no original papers
|Location||United States of America, Florida, Pompano Beach|
|Case diameter||45 mm|
|Water resistance||15 ATM|
|Lug width||22 mm|
We take trades against any of our watches!!! We also buy watch packages!!
What to say about this amazingly unique watch, the H601? Frequently confused as the “Arnie,” after a rather similar watch, the H558, was worn by Arnold Schwarzenegger in a string of pretty sweet action movies in the 1980s, like “The Predator,” “Raw Deal,” and “Commando” – which still has one of the highest fatality counts in an action move, I mean, if you’re into that manner of thing – the H601 featured an altogether different and less robust quartz movement. Related, the H601’s LCD display was at the bottom of the dial, unlike on the H558 at the top, earning the H601 the sobriquet of “Upside Down Arnie.”
The H558 was released in 1982, and the H601 followed shortly thereafter in the late 1980s (like this one here). The Japanese are well known for their extreme adventures around the world, and Seiko wanted to provide a watch whose users could rely on with their lives. As such, Seiko designed its H601 with quite a few rugged characteristics – many lifesaving. Here are a few (remember, some of these were when the H601 was new, not necessarily now):
1. Water resistance to 10 atmospheric-pressure depth;
2. Shock resistance from 3 feet;
3. Abrasion resistant Hardlex was used, all the better to stand up to decompression;
4. Resistance to chemical and gas exposure, such as alcohols and cosmetic oils, and ammonia gas and carbon monoxide;
5. Bright luminescence allowing readability from 25cm in complete darkness;
MOVEMENT: Original Seiko H601 quartz movement, manufactured in November 1987; movement uses a button-cell battery. All functions– including GMT, alarm, stopwatch – work; however, the light does not. All LCD segments work well and are clearly legible – LCD contrast is excellent. Movement is mint, with no evidence of previous battery linkage. Finally, movement is hacking, and it takes a new SR920W battery, a new one of which is installed.
MODEL: Sports 150 – Ref H601-5480
MOVEMENT: Japanese Quartz
CASE: Black Coated Stainless Steel
CROWN: Screw Down
DIAL: Black Dial
BEZEL: rotating Diver
CONDITION: Pre-owned – Vintage Circa late 1980’s
BOXES/PAPERS: Brand New Corrigia Green leather 2 watch travel case, watch, additional strap – comes with everything as shown in pictures!
WATER RESISTANCE: – 150m
STRAP/BRACELET: – Brand New Barton Black Rubber dive strap with both regular and extended sizes with Black Steel buckle & Additional black canvas/leather strap and black steel buckle.
We buy similar watches…large packages as well as one at a time. We also take trades against any of our watches…
Security on Chrono24 for This Listing
Payment via Chrono24's secure Escrow Service
Thanks to the Chrono24 Escrow Service, your payment is fully covered. We keep your money in our escrow account for 14 days after delivery of your watch. Thus, you have time to carefully inspect your order knowing your money is safe in our account. Only then do we send the money to the dealer.
Our promise: Every new and used watch on Chrono24 is authentic. Our dealers are required to inspect each watch's authenticity and may only list original timepieces. However, should issues arise, you have 14 days upon delivery of your order to contact our support team and get your money back.
14-day money-back guarantee
If the watch arrives and is defective or not as the seller described, you have 14 days to initiate a return and receive your money back.
Strict dealer guidelines
In the interest of security, dealers on our marketplace must follow a strict set of rules. Before a professional dealer can sell on our platform, they must provide us with their photo ID, commercial register entry, business address, and tax number. Furthermore, we require all dealers to follow our strict dealer guidelines.
Dealers ship every order fully insured, so you can make both domestic and international purchases risk-free.
Dissatisfied with your purchase? No worries! Chrono24's secure Escrow Service makes returning your order a breeze. If the watch arrives and is suspicious, defective, or not as the seller described, you have 14 days to initiate a return.
How returns work:
1. Inform Chrono24's support team
2. Ship the watch back to the dealer insured for its full value
3. Receive a refund for the purchase price
You may also be interested in these watches
What thousands of happy customers are saying about us
TrustScore: "Excellent" with 4.8/5 stars
124,245 reviews from around the globe
Shawn Searles United States of America
Sean S United States of America
Dennis Fraleigh United States of America
Srephen Oconnor Ireland
Chrono24's Authenticity Guarantee
Active on Chrono24 since 2017The Sutor House
Watches sold on Chrono24: 407
Trusted Seller since 2017
United States of America
Do you have any questions?
- On the listing page, click the green "Buy" button.
- Enter your shipping address, and click "Submit order."
- We will send you the payment information as soon as the seller has processed your order.
- The seller will ship your order after you have transferred payment.
- Click on the "Suggest a price" button on the listing page.
- Enter your price suggestion and shipping address so the seller can calculate shipping costs.
- The seller will make you an individualized offer, including shipping costs.
- Accept the offer to order the item.
- We will then send you the payment information so you can pay for your order.
- As soon as your payment arrives, the seller will ship your item.