Rolex Submariner 16800 MK IV Matt Dial
Chrono24 Buyer Protection
- Payment via Chrono24's Escrow Service
- Authenticity Guarantee
- 14-day money-back guarantee
Shipping and Seller Information
|Dealer product code||2165|
|Year of production||1982 (Approximation)|
|Condition||(Worn with little to no signs of wear)|
|Scope of delivery||
Original box, original papers
|Location||United Kingdom, Macclesfield|
|Base caliber||cal. 3135|
|Power reserve||48 h|
|Number of jewels||27|
|Case diameter||40 mm|
|Water resistance||30 ATM|
|Dial numerals||No numerals|
The reference 16800 was introduced in 1979 bringing with a raft of improvements such as Sapphire crystal new improved cal 3035 with quickset date and improved depth rating from 200m to 300m
This example has the MK IV Matt dial which was the last Matt dial without the white gold surrounds to the hour markers making this very popular with collectors and this example is sure to please its next owner as the matt dial is crowned with stunning hour markers which have aged to the desirable coffee cream colour which is nicely matched by the original pip on the bezel
The 40mm stainless steel case is incredibly sharp as is the correct and full-size stainless-steel bracelet ref 78360 is in equally good condition.
I only wish my photography could show just how special this watch is, the original and very rare Matt dial and tritium indices looks amazing in natural light
Manufactured in 1982 as confirmed by the serial 7343XXX, this is a classic vintage Rolex that remains perfectly wearable every day and will only become more desirable with time.
The watch benefited for having a complete service by Rolex in 2008 and has seen very little wrist time since then.
The watch will be delivered in its original Rolex box along with the service papers form 2008
In stock and ready for worldwide shipping
Our stock number 2165
Please remember all our watches are covered by our full value part exchange promise, check for details
Please note that customers outside of the UK should be aware that they may have to pay VAT or customs duty to import the watch to their chosen international destination. All VAT and customs duties which need to be paid will be the responsibility of the purchaser
You may also be interested in these watches
What thousands of happy customers are saying about us
TrustScore: "Excellent" with 4.8/5 stars
120,512 reviews from around the globe
TERENCE LEONG Singapore
Ollie G Australia
Rowan Smith Canada
BSM United States of America
Chrono24's Authenticity Guarantee
Guaranteed Authentic Watches
- Every new and used watch on Chrono24 is authentic
- Dealers inspect each watch's authenticity
- Any deviations from the original condition are listed
14 days to get your money back
- A return policy with extra protection: Receive a full refund of the purchase price
- Simply reach out to our support team within 14 days of receiving your watch
- Our promise applies to all purchases from professional dealers worldwide
We're here for you
- A 40-person quality & security team that monitors the marketplace around the clock
- If you have any questions or concerns, our support team is always ready to help
- Whatever the case, we always find an optimal solution
Professional dealer (United Kingdom) – professional dealer since 2016
Security on Chrono24 for This Listing
Payment via Chrono24's secure Escrow Service
Thanks to the Chrono24 Escrow Service, your payment is fully covered. We keep your money in our escrow account for 14 days after delivery of your watch. Thus, you have time to carefully inspect your order knowing your money is safe in our account. Only then do we send the money to the dealer.
Our promise: Every new and used watch on Chrono24 is authentic. Our dealers are required to inspect each watch's authenticity and may only list original timepieces. However, should issues arise, you have 14 days upon delivery of your order to contact our support team and get your money back.
14-day money-back guarantee
If the watch arrives and is defective or not as the seller described, you have 14 days to initiate a return and receive your money back.
Strict dealer guidelines
In the interest of security, dealers on our marketplace must follow a strict set of rules. Before a professional dealer can sell on our platform, they must provide us with their photo ID, commercial register entry, business address, and tax number. Furthermore, we require all dealers to follow our strict dealer guidelines.
Dealers ship every order fully insured, so you can make both domestic and international purchases risk-free.
Dissatisfied with your purchase? No worries! Chrono24's secure Escrow Service makes returning your order a breeze. If the watch arrives and is suspicious, defective, or not as the seller described, you have 14 days to initiate a return.
How returns work:
1. Inform Chrono24's support team
2. Ship the watch back to the dealer insured for its full value
3. Receive a refund for the purchase price
Do you have any questions?
- On the listing page, click the green "Buy" button.
- Enter your shipping address, and click "Submit order."
- We will send you the payment information as soon as the seller has processed your order.
- The seller will ship your order after you have transferred payment.
- Click on the "Suggest a price" button on the listing page.
- Enter your price suggestion and shipping address so the seller can calculate shipping costs.
- The seller will make you an individualized offer, including shipping costs.
- Accept the offer to order the item.
- We will then send you the payment information so you can pay for your order.
- As soon as your payment arrives, the seller will ship your item.