In this series, we will take an in-depth look at the watch market and one very important part of it: investment and value. Even though we always suggest to only buy watches you truly enjoy, one can’t ignore that luxury watches are expensive items. Therefore, it could be very interesting to keep track of how their value develops over time.
We will analyze various facts and figures and trying to answer some important questions: How valuable is brand A compared to brand B? Are the watches from these brands rare, and what does that mean regarding their value?
The above infographic will give you some very simple but interesting information: What are the average prices of the top 10 luxury watch brands?
- The average price of all new and pre-owned Rolex watches offered on Chrono24 in 2016 is € 7,967
- No, Rolex isn’t the most expensive of the top 10 luxury watch brands
- Yes, the average prices of Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet, Hublot, Jaeger-LeCoultre and IWC Schaffhausen are higher compared to Rolex
- Patek Philippe watches have the highest average price at € 38,073
- Audemars Piguet is quite close at € 34,540
- TAG Heuer is the most affordable of the top 10 luxury watch brands with an average price of € 2,550