|Location||United Kingdom, London|
|Price||CHF 22,800 (= $22,861)|
|Case diameter||44 x 46 mm|
|Dial numerals||Arabic numerals|
|Skeletonized, Luminescent Hands, Power Reserve Display|
At the heart of Linde Werdelin is the pursuit of combining modern design and intricate, complex materials, exemplified with the SpidoLite 3DTP Carbon. It is available in a limited and numbered series of just 75 pieces worldwide.
Linde Werdelin has pioneered the use of 3DTP in its Oktopus cases, and now advances the technique by perfecting it for the intricately-detailed SpidoLite case. In the skeletonised and stripped-back aesthetic of the SpidoLite case, reducing the outer case to just 3.8 grams, being able to shape the 3DTP carbon without delamination is a feat of engineering.
Morten Linde, co-founder and creative mind, elaborates further, “The SpidoLite 3DTP Carbon is testament to the LW DNA of treating weight-reduction as a design pursuit and not an end-goal. We have skeletonised, and reduced weight in, components individually, but by evaluating the design holistically can maintain strength in the construction where needed.”
The black 3DTP outer case is accented in the dial by yellow and TiN-treated detailing, while it is contrasted with Linde Werdelin’s natural rubber strap in yellow. Parts of the movement – the extremely-skeletonised LW07 – have been darkened with DLC treatments to create a more striking contrast, both in terms of depth and colour, with the yellow and TiN details in the dial and other parts of the movement.
The LW07 movement (its moniker indicated on the TiN-treated bridge) and open-worked dial combine to expose a simple power reserve indicator near 5 and 6 o’clock, its position revealed by a red arrow. The power reserve indicator, true to the Linde Werdelin aesthetic and philosophy, is elegant in its simplicity; it is functional and blends harmoniously with the rest of the dial. The Trigon pattern can once again be found on the open and skeletonised TiN-coated barrel cover, a design signature for Linde Werdelin.
3DTP is a marvel of engineering. Differing from traditional carbon fibre composites or forged carbon, 3DTP involves a technique of layering thin sheets of carbon that took many years to master; it took a further two years to perfect for the angular Oktopus case, and yet another two to perfect for the skeletonised SpidoLite case. The resulting case is both strong and lightweight, becoming Linde Werdelin’s lightest-ever timepiece.
Integrated with a yellow natural rubber strap as standard, Linde Werdelin’s proprietary strap system allows the wearer interchangeable options, should they wish to switch to any strap or bracelet in the series.
Jorn Werdelin, co-founder, adds, “Using 3DTP in the SpidoLite is a natural extension of the great work we did in weight-optimising the LW07 movement in the SpidoLite Titanium, to make the SpidoLite 3DTP Carbon our lightest timepiece ever.”
• 3DTP with microbillé finish
• Sapphire crystal, anti-reflective on the inside
• Crown: Titanium with TiN treatment; push-in; engraved with a spider icon; circular satin finish
• DLC-treated titanium; vertical satin finish
• DLC-treated titanium; circular satin and microbillé finish
• Eight hexakey titanium screws with TiN treatment
• Limited edition number laser engraved from 1 to 75
• Skeletonised dial
• Réhaut and dial: black with circular satin finish
• Hands: TiN treatment; satin finish; cool grey Luminova
• Cool grey hour indexes; yellow minute indexes
• Logotype printed in yellow
• Power Reserve Indicator: Indicated by a red arrow
• Barrel cover: Trigon pattern with TiN treatment; circular satin finish
• Black ceramic; satin on top surface; polished facet; microbillé in grooves
• LW07, movement skeletonised and customised by Linde Werdelin
• Power reserve: 42 hours
• Balance frequency: 28,800vph (4Hz)
• Jewels: 20
• Movement plate: DLC-treated with microbillé finish
• Bridge: TiN treatment; satin finish; logo and “07” printed in black
• Limited to 75 individually numbered pieces worldwideStrap
• Interchangeable natural rubber strap in yellow, with DLC-coated titanium buckle
• 44mm (w) x 46mm (l) x 15mm (h)
Price includes VAT