|Case material||Yellow gold|
|Location||United Kingdom, London|
|Price||CHF 40,800 (= $42,577)|
|Case material||Yellow gold|
|Case diameter||44 x 46 mm|
|Dial numerals||Arabic numerals|
|Skeletonized, Luminescent Hands|
Blending classic horology with modern design and complex materials, Linde Werdelin is proud to unveil the Oktopus Moon Gold 3DTP Carbon, launching Tuesday 12th January 2016, in a limited and numbered series of only 59 pieces worldwide.
The Oktopus Moon Gold 3DTP Carbon takes the classic gold watch, a staple of watchmaking, and views it through the prism of Linde Werdelin’s design language. The resulting timepiece unmistakably shares the Linde Werdelin DNA of forward-thinking, innovative design, but equally belongs to the realm of sophisticated timepieces. The Oktopus Moon Gold 3DTP Carbon is a dress watch as much as it is a sports watch.
Black and gold are contrasted throughout the design: from the in-house moonphase complication at the centre of the timepiece, to the photorealistic, luminescent moons sitting on a golden disc, and outwards to the 3DTP bezel and 18 karat rose gold outer case.
Delving into the inspirations behind the timepiece, Morten Linde, creative mind at Linde Werdelin, explains, “I wanted to create a multi-functional timepiece that would be at home anywhere. It should be sophisticated yet understated, but also suitable as a sports and dive watch. A blend of gold and carbon proved to be the ideal combination.”
3DTP is a marvel of engineering. Differing from traditional carbon fibre composites or forged carbon, 3DTP involves a technique of layering thin sheets of carbon that took many years to master, and a further two years to perfect for the iconic, sharply angular case of the Oktopus.
For the first time in its history, Linde Werdelin has employed a carbon bezel. 3DTP was chosen because aesthetically the layered carbon and surface treatments give the illusion of depth as the bezel catches light and reflects it back to its wearer, while still being a hard and scratch-resistant material suited to the bezel. The pairing with 18 karat rose gold gives a contrast between sporty and sophisticated, while still being a functional combination for diving thanks to the anti-corrosive properties of both carbon and gold.Linde Werdelin’s in-house moonphase complication sits at the heart of the Oktopus Moon Gold 3DTP Carbon, a statement of Linde Werdelin’s adventurous spirit, and directly applicable to diving. The moonphase complication serves real purpose, an easy way for the wearer to track the full moon and plan the best time for night dives.
• Multi-part case construction in 18K rose gold (5N); satin finish and 3DTP Carbon; microbillé finish
•Sapphire crystal, anti-reflective on the inside
• Crown: titanium; screw-down; circular satin and microbillé finish; engraved with an octopus icon
• Titanium; satin and microbillé finish; engraved with a multi-layer octopus motif
• Limited edition number laser engraved from 1 to 59
• Five-layer skeletonised dial
• Réhaut and top dial: rose gold (5N), circular satin finish
• Lower dial: black, circular satin
• Hands in titanium colour with satin finish; cool grey Luminova
• Large numerals 3, 9 and 12 in cool grey Luminova with rose gold (5N) frame
• Hour indexes and logo in cool grey
• Minute indexes and logotype in black
• Photorealistic moon phases visible through apertures at 2, 6 and 10 o’clock
• Circular perlage surface on rose gold (5N) moon disc
• Red “0” indicates current moon phase; rose gold (5N) numbers indicate future and past moon phases
• 44mm (w) x 46mm (l) x 15mm (h)
• Bespoke LW calibre with in-house photorealistic moonphase complication
• Power reserve: 42 hours
• Balance frequency: 28,800vph (4Hz)
• Jewels: 25
• Sculpted 3DTP; microbillé finish
• Titanium screws with circular satin finish; black tension discs
• Limited to 59 individually numbered pieces worldwide
• Interchangeable natural rubber strap in black, with DLC-coated titanium ardillion buckle
Price includes VAT
Linde Werdelin LTD