|Location||United States, New York, Airmont|
|Power reserve||68 h|
|Number of jewels||35|
|Chronograph, Flyback, Date|
|Skeletonized, Center Seconds, Small Seconds, Luminescent Hands, Rotating Bezel, Limited Edition|
SPECIAL EDITION WITH VERY LIMITED PRODUCTION!
Dedicated to Charles Darwin & his expedition to the Galapagos islands. The choice of bronze for the case pays homage the "HMS Beagle" which was the ship that carried Mr. Darwin on his expedition. Bronze is a non-corrosive metal which was used for the portholes, fittings & nautical instruments. Over the course of time the bronze will assume a slight patina and will turn darker in color giving the watch unmistakable character. The bronze color theme continues on the watch dial with a light bronze colored luminescent material.
This watch features: • Polished bronze case.
• IWC SAFEDIVE SYSTEM Uni-directional rotating bezel: • Rotating the external bezel ring counter-clockwise will engage the inner bezel. However rotating the external bezel ring clockwise will not affect the inner bezel, thus preventing the risk of extending the period of time the diver remains under water. This is accomplished via the "sliding clutch system" which allows the external bezel to interact with the internal bezel ring - all the while maintaining the water resistance integrity of the watch. The sliding clutch system is fitted with a polished protective cover located on the case edge at the 9 o'clock position.
• Black bezel ring located under the crystal.
• Bezel indications: from 0 to 15 is filled with a themed light bronze colored luminescent material indications that illuminates green, from 15 to 0 is white printed indications (no luminescent).
• Black rubber coated chronograph buttons & crown.
• Black dial.
• Applied black rimmed index hour markers with a themed light bronze colored luminescent material fill that illuminates in a bluish colored glow.
• Black rimmed hour & minutes hands with a themed light bronze colored luminescent material fill - the hour hand illuminates with a bluish colored glow & the minute hand illuminates with a greenish colored glow.
• White printed minute/seconds track.
• Date windows located at the 3 o'clock position with a light bronze colored arrow hand.
• Small seconds sub-dial located at the 6 o'clock position with a black rimmed & light bronze colored luminescent filled hand.
• Chronograph/Stopwatch functions:
• Large black central seconds counter hand with a light bronze colored skeleton arrow-head tip.
• 30 minute counter sub-dial located at the 12 o'clock position with a black rimmed & light bronze colored luminescent filled hand.
• Chronograph/Stopwatch function: • "Flyback" Function which allows instant restarting of the chronograph with a single push of the button instead of the need to stop, reset & then restart the stopwatch.
• Large white central hand seconds counter
• 60 minute sub-dial counter located at the 12 o'clock position.
• Black rubber strap fitted with a quick-change system featuring a spring loaded lever located on the lug ends of the strap, allowing for easy removing/replacing.
• Case back features an elaborately engraved portrait of Charles Darwin.
• IWC in-house Caliber 89365, beats at 28,800 vph, contains 35 Jewels & has an impressive power reserve of approximately 68 hours.
Prestige Time 2 Year Warranty