Ready to ship in 6-10 days
|Location||United States, New York, Airmont|
|Availability||Ready to ship in 6-10 days|
|Power reserve||68 h|
|Number of jewels||35|
|Chronograph, Flyback, Date|
|Skeletonized, Center Seconds, Small Seconds, Rotating Bezel, Limited Edition|
SPECIAL EDITION WITH VERY LIMITED PRODUCTION!
IWC presents this special edition in dedication to the Galapagos-based Charles Darwin Foundation. Over 50 years, hundreds of scientists, students, teachers and volunteers from all over the world have been working on behalf of the Foundation at the Charles Darwin Research Station. The goal for the Galapagos scientific center is to research the indigenous fauna and flora and to save the Galapagos, a World Heritage site, from destruction. The Station trains national park guides, organizes seminars, publishes the findings of its research and collects donations. IWC contributes part of the proceeds from each sale of the Aquatimer Chronograph Edition Galapagos Islands to the Charles Darwin Foundation.
This watch features: • Stainless steel case & bezel ENTIRELY CLAD/COATED IN BLACK RUBBER, this is accomplished by a complex vulcanization process that leaves the watch with a matte black rubber coating, giving the watch a unique feel & look. The rubber also provides an additional layer of protection against impacts.
• IWC SAFEDIVE SYSTEM Uni-directional rotating bezel: • Rotating the external bezel ring counter-clockwise will engage the inner bezel. However rotating the external bezel ring clockwise will not affect the inner bezel, thus preventing the risk of extending the period of time the diver remains under water. This is accomplished via the "sliding clutch system" which allows the external bezel to interact with the internal bezel ring - all the while maintaining the water resistance integrity of the watch. The sliding clutch system is fitted with a polished protective cover located on the case edge at the 9 o'clock position.
• Black bezel ring located under the crystal.
• Bezel indications: from 0 to 15 is white luminescent indications that illuminates green, from 15 to 0 is white printed indications (no luminescent).
• Black dial.
• Applied black rimmed index hour markers with blue illuminating fill.
• Black rimmed Hour & minutes hands - hour hand filled with blue illuminating& the minute hand is filled with green illuminating material.
• White printed minute/seconds track.
• Date windows located at the 3 o'clock position.
• Small seconds sub-dial located at the 6 o'clock position with yellow hand.
• Chronograph/Stopwatch functions:
• Large black central seconds counter hand with yellow skeleton arrow-head tip.
• 30 minute counter sub-dial located at the 12 o'clock position.
• Chronograph/Stopwatch function: • "Flyback" Function which allows instant restarting of the chronograph with a single push of the button instead of the need to stop, reset & then restart the stopwatch.
• Large white central hand seconds counter
• 60 minute sub-dial counter located at the 12 o'clock position.
• Black rubber strap fitted with a quick-change system featuring a spring loaded lever located on the lug ends of the strap, allowing for easy removing/replacing.
• Case back features an elaborate engraving of the Galapagos marine iguana, a familiar hallmark of the archipelago.
• IWC in-house Caliber 89365, beats at 28,800 vph, contains 35 Jewels & has an impressive power reserve of approximately 68 hours.
Prestige Time 2 Year Warranty
Prestige Time LLC384 Route 59