|Location||United States, New York, Airmont|
|Number of jewels||39|
|Center Seconds, Luminescent Numerals, Luminescent Hands, Rotating Bezel, Luminous indexes|
LIMITED & NUMBERED EDITION OF 1962 PIECES!
Commemorating Scott Carpenter's extraordinary accomplishment of orbiting the earth 3 times aboard the Aurora 7 capsule - this happened on May 24, 1962. The watch of choice that Mr. Carpenter wore was a Navitimer with a 24 Hour dial - which was necessary as in space there is no night or day. The watch helped distinguish between AM & PM back on earth. Black Dial with Silver Sub-Dials, Luminous Painted Hands & Arabic Numeral Hour Markers.
This watch Features: • Polished finished stainless steel case.
• Solid black dial with silver sub-dials
• The time displayed in 24 hour mode (the hour hand makes 1 full rotation in a 24 hour period) - this feature was designed for space travel. Since day & night is meaningless in space Breitling developed a watch that tells time in 24 hour this help prevent the astronaut from getting confused between AM & PM.
• Painted luminous Index & Arabic numeral hour markers.
• Polished steel hands with luminous fill.
• Printed seconds & fractions of seconds track.
• Chronograph/Stopwatch functions: • Large central red seconds counter, capable of keeping time up to 1/4th of a second.
• 30 minute sub-dial counter located at the 3 o'clock position.
• 12 hour counter sub-dial located at the 6 o'clock position.
• Small running seconds sub-dial located at the 9 o'clock position.
• Fitted with a bi-directional turning bezel which control the "Slide Rule" aka "Navigation Computer". The Slide-Rule complication can compute different airborne calculations such as fuel consumption, climbing times & converting miles into nautical miles or kilometers.
• Date window displayed between the 4 & 5 o'clock position.
• Case back features the Aurora 7 capsule insignia.
• Breitling in-house manufactured Manual-Wound Caliber 02, beats at 28,800 vph, contains 39 Jewels & has an approximate power reserve of 70+ hours.
Prestige Time 5 Year Warranty